I’ve been reading a book titled The Joy of Work by Scott Adams. Throughout the book I’ve found multiple instances where I resonated with the ideas presented. Here’s one of them about how people respond to questions.
People rarely talk in a question-and-answer format. When someone asks a question, the other person normally responds in one the these ways:
- Answer the wrong question intentionally, just to be annoying.
- Ignore the question and talk about something related to themselves.
- Make a joke.
- Wonder aloud how this possibly matter to them.
- Prove by their response that they are too dumb to understand the question.
- Get offended by the question.